Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jammin Java on a whim

This past weekend I had planned to move all of my stuff home to McLean since my apartment lease is ending on August 16th. I had also told my sister that I wouldn't be able to make it home for Peter's actual birthday, so she planned to have his party on Sunday. Originally, I had planned to move on Saturday, attend the b-day party on Sunday and then drive back to State College since Rich had to work on Monday. But, on Thursday night I logged onto my myspace account and noticed that one of my friends had posted a new song from Meiko. She is a singer/song writer that I started listening to a few months ago. When I clicked on her page, I realized that she was going to be playing at a coffee shop in Vienna, VA. I initially felt bummed out because I knew Rich probably wouldn't want to go, since it would get us home really late. To my surprise, he immediately said, "Let's get tickets." And, the rest is history. Another artist that Rich likes, Joe Purdy, was playing there that night too so I guess that was the extra insentive. Two artists we had never heard of, Jay Nash and Chris Seefried, also played. I was so glad we went, because the show was awesome and we got to listen to almost 4 hours of accoustic music! We ended up getting back to State College at 3am giving Rich less than 4 hours of sleep, but I think he would agree it was worth it! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, because I used up all of my battery power at the birthday party.

No comments: