Sunday, August 3, 2008

In DUE time

I recently decided to sell a few of my things on craigs list. After all of the success that Jill had with her stuff, I was quite encouraged. Since I will be moving my stuff back to my mom's house next weekend and I am uncertain of where I will end up after that, I thought I could get rid of some bulky items that wont be needed in the McLean house. My idea was to sell a couch, my dresser, my large TV, and some other small items. I was getting so excited about the whole thing when Rich politely said to me, "I hate to break it to you, but good luck selling stuff in State College when everyone else is moving out and trying to get rid of things." This didn't stop me from making several posts in an attempt to get rid of my things. After a frustrating week and a half of several emails and almost sales, I FINALLY was able to get my couch and dresser sold! The guy who bought my dresser literally said, "wow, this is the nicest dresser I have ever seen." It was pretty funny, but I guess it is nice for a used college student's item. I have decided to maybe hold onto my TV, but I'm pretty pleased with the few things I did get rid of. So, the moral of this story is to be patient. Boy was I glad I posted my things three weeks before I actually needed to get rid of them! My next project is to pack...

No comments: