Wednesday, August 19, 2009

10 Down, A Lot More To Go

In the past couple of years, I made it a lofty goal to visit all the National Parks in the United States before I die. To make this goal a little more realistic, I don't really include the National Parks in Alaska that require private helicopter rides to get to. Maybe some day when I'm a millionaire, these will be feasible, but for now I will stick to parks I can actually afford to get to. Living in the West is really giving me the opportunity to actually make this goal happen.
A couple of weeks ago, I head to Bryce Canyon National Park. I had purchased a National Park pass for $80 back in May, which gets you into any park for free. The fee to get into Bryce Canyon was $25, so I am well on my way to getting my money's worth. I also stopped by Cedar Breaks National Monument on the way home, which is equally as stunning.

It was a beautiful day for a little bit of hiking and tourism. Ideally I would have liked to spend some more time there, but I still got to see some pretty amazing stuff. I plan on visiting Joshua Tree National Park in California in a few weeks.

Enjoy the Pictures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful!

Andreea Laura said...

Amazing, absolutely beautiful!