Thursday, September 11, 2008

No Gas?

I had a very surprising experience on the road today. I was on my way to State College from McLean and following my new favorite route provided by Garmin. It's a back way that takes a lot of country roads, but ends up being more than 30 miles shorter in distance. My gas light was about to come on, so I decided I would stop at the next gas station I saw. So I pulled into this gas station and found that every single pump had sign that read, "Sorry, we are out of gas today." I opened my mouth in awe. Given, this was a small town in the middle of nowhere, but still I never thought that would happen in my lifetime. I wish I had thunk to take a picture of it, but I was a little more concerned with getting gas at a station that had some. Plus, I desperately needed to use the restroom. Anyways, I thought I would share this story because it amazed me so much.

No comments: