Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sometimes you need a good whoopin

A couple of months ago I decided to join a co-ed softball league with some of my friends from High School. Because of a lot of different reasons, the games kept getting pushed back. First the league was supposed to start in March and then they switched it to April. Once the league was finally starting, the weather decided to rain every time we were supposed to have a game. So, after delays and two game cancellations we finally had our first game last Thursday. We all got matching shirts in Red and White and boy did we look good. Well, unfortunately you don't win games by looking good. You also don't win games when the opposing team has 3 female players that have played college softball. We knew this team meant business when one of the girls on the other team dove for third base. Shouldn't it be considered cheating to have that many college softball players on your team?

Well anyways, we ended up losing 15-0. I did get two base hits, but it just wasn't enough. However, we decided that we deserved the victory based on a highlight reel play two guys on my team made. One guy went to catch it, it went off his glove, hit his foot and flew back in the air for my other teammate to catch. He was so excited he totally forgot to throw the ball back to the infield. Maybe not worthy of a W, but certainly worthy of some serious style points.

I learned from this game something I have learned a few times in my tennis career and that is that sometimes you just need a good ass whooping!

No comments: