Friday, May 29, 2009

Run With Your Heart

I read a book called Ultramarathon Man, and in the book the author talks about how his High School track coach always told him to "run with his heart". Well, when you are in the middle of nowhere, Texas, and you need gas, you should also tell your car to run with its heart. And that is exactly what I did, when I realized my gas light had come on and I was 32 miles away from a gas station.

This story has a happy end as I didn't run out of gas. Boy was I thankful for this little gas station I found. It was the most old school pump I had come across probably ever, and the guy working there had to use binoculars to look at the pump to see how much I owed. Even though I almost had a heart attack, the whole experience was quite funny in the end. I will never again second guess getting gas when I think I probably should.






Leason officially learned.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

When did you read a book???

KB said...

Haha. I read it during the summer of 2008. Couldn't put it down!

Andreea Laura said...

Humm I read that book a few years ago and I was so absorbed by it that I finished it in one sitting.
Great book! Very motivating to go out and get going!