Tuesday, April 7, 2009

PSU Reunion

A couple of weeks ago, several of my friends from college were going to be visiting State College for a weekend. Because all of us live in various places, PSU was a good middle point to meet at. Plus our friend and my old teammate, Leyla, still lives there so we would have a place to stay. Because I had to work on Saturday, I wasn't able to make it up to State College until that night. As soon as I got there and got a quick shower, we immediately began partaking in some old traditions. We began with a game called manimal, then on to some catch phrase before heading out on the town.
We started the evening at Mad Mex, where Jenny and I knew we could get some great gaucamole and chips. We then headed to the Gaff, which was home to our weekly Tuesday night of dancing. In an effort to recreate the past, Jenny and I decided to request every song we use to get really excited about in college. To our surprise, the DJ played all of our requests. Needless to say, we were probably the most excited about him playing the song SHOUT!
It was a really fun evening of dancing and spending time with friends. And, it of course ended with a piece of pizze from Bell's, our favorite pizza place. The following morning we got ready to bid our farewells with a quick breakfast at Waffle Shop. Slowly, but surely, we all left one by one. I was the last to leave, but it was still a very short trip for me. I'm a strong believer in doing what I can to see my friends and family if I have the chance. I hope to be able to get together again in the future!

No comments: