Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cherry Blowwoms

I guess I should first explain that the title of this blog is due to a typing error I had in an attempt to spell Blossoms. But then it became funny to call them the Cherry Blowwoms, hence the title of the blog.

Anyways, I have never done the Cherry Blossom thing and this year I really wanted to make it happen. Unfortunately during the week when I had a lot of free time and it wouldn't have been so crowded, it decided to rain and rain and rain. So, with a huge effort to get out of bed after a late night, my Cherry Blossom experience became a reality.

Iain and I headed downtown around 11am and subsequently sat in a lot of traffic before deciding to head away from the craziness to find parking. Since I was going to the Caps game later that day, it ended up working out perfectly because we found a spot near the arena. However, the less than perfect part was that I was wearing sandals for the first time in months and my feet paid for it. It was totally worth it, though!

Even though the crap load of people there were getting on my nerves, I couldn't help but smile at the gorgeous weather and scenery. I probably took about a hundred pictures along the way. We had a great walk around the entire Cherry blossom display and then walked towards the arena to meet up with my Mom and sister for lunch before the game.

I am always amazed at how beautiful a city DC is and how much it has to offer. Even though I have lived in the area my whole life, I still find new ways to appreciate things about the city. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments: