Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Family Affair

I can't remember the last time all the BeVard girls got to attend a Capitals game together, but it has been a very long time. Thanks to a Christmas gift from my Mom, I had two extra tickets to the game on Sunday and decided to take my sister. My Mom took her friend Nora, who we have decided to adopt into the family since her daughters live far away. We all met up at our favorite salad joint, Chopt. After we got our sandwiches and ate, we headed to the game.
My sister and I were supposed to sit in the nose bleeds, and had been mocking ourselves for this the whole day. But, just before the game started we got a call from my Mom saying that the two seats in front of her were going to be available. Lucky for us, we didn't have to squint our eyes to be able to watch our favorite team. We also got to chuckle at how cute my Mom and Nora are during the game with their constant commentary.

The CAPS hap a slow start, but ended up winning 6-4. They have 3 games remaining and the opportunity to finish in second place in the conference. We have high hopes for this team making it all the way, and we will be cheering them on in the playoffs in about a week or two!

After the game, we all went to Jill's house for dinner and games. We arrived just in time to entertain Peter a little bit before he went to sleep. Actually, he probably entertained us more than we did him. It was such a fun night and good to finally have all the BeVard girls at a game together!

P.S. I totally kicked everyone's butt in SMACK! Just wanted to put that out there.

No comments: