Monday, March 30, 2009

Europe Bound!

As some of you may know, my Aunt Marilyn is turning 70 in November. As a gift to herself and a way to celebrate such a milestone, she decided to take a cruise through Europe. From the very beginning she made it clear that anyone else who needed a reason to embark on a cruise could come along to help her celebrate.

I have always wanted to do some traveling, especially in Europe, so I jumped at the opportunity to join Marilyn's trip. Even though at the time it was hard to fathom dipping into a dwindling savings account I felt this was a rare opportunity to travel with some of my favorite people. Luckily, since making the decision to join the trip I have obtained two part time jobs and I feel much more secure financially.

I also thought this was the perfect time to visit my friend Sasha in London. Of all the people in my life, she has been pushing me the hardest to get a passport so I could travel the world. Well, I think she mostly just wanted me to visit her ;-) Anyways, I now have a passport and I will be spending three days with Sasha in London before I head off to Istanbul, Turkey for the start of the cruise.

I'm absolutely ecstatic about the trip and Novemember cannot come soon enough. The cruise will be making stops in the following places.

Istanbul, Turkey
Ephesus - Izmir
Athens - Piraeus
Dubrovnik
Venice
Naples
Rome, Italy
Barcelona, Spain

And we will be sailing the Ionian and Mediterranean seas. I will be staying in a balcony room with Marilyn and her friend Cindy (a true BeVard wannabe). My Uncle Jon and Aunt Mary Jane will also be aboard and hopefully more people will join!

Check out this website for more information on the cruise. Let's hear it for Marilyn turning 70 and celebrating it the right way!

No comments: