Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Visiting Uncle Ralph

Back in October when my Aunt Krennie was getting married, my Uncle Ralph was in the hospital after having a mild heart attack and several surgeries to follow. I had originally thought I would be able to make it to the wedding, but later found out I couldn't go. Since they say "misery loves company" I decided this was the perfect time to drive down and visit Ralph since we both weren't able to go to the wedding.

To my surprise Ralph was doing great and I was able to spend a lot of time with him and tell him all about my new job. We even ate lunch in the Cafeteria together and tried to find some Nascar on TV. Even though I was only able to stay a short time, it was really great to see Ralph and to also see the Morales clan briefly.

On the way back to Utah, I stopped in Flagstaff for the night to stay with a friend from work. I didn't remember much from my last visit, so it was nice to get reaquainted with the town. The next day I drove back to Utah and got ready for work the next day. Hopefully in the future I can make more visits down South to visit Uncle Ralph and all the cousins again.

Ralph is home now and doing much better.

No comments: