Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer of weddings

From May to June, Rich and I attended two weddings. Even though this happened a while ago, I thought I would share some of the good times we had and some pictures.








First in May we attended Alex and Troy Goode's wedding in Herndon, VA. The Goode's are best friends of Jill and Brett and the god parents of Peter. When Alex and I worked together on Jill's wedding, we spent a lot of time together and in general I have just hung out with my sister's friends a lot so I knew it would be a blast and I was excited to get an invite. My mom and I had the duty of watching Peter during the whole thing, so that Jill (matron of honor) and Brett (groomsman) could follow through on their duties being in the wedding. The night was full of celebration, good food, and dancing. Peter was probably the most popular person at the wedding and his tuxedo was so cute! Since Rich doesn't dance, little Petey served as my dance partner most of the night. I always have a lot of fun hanging out with Jill and her friends and they make me feel so welcome in the group. All in all it was a great night!









About a month later, in June, Rich and I attended Jesse and Maria Leblanc's wedding in New Jersey. Jesse is a childhood friend of Rich and also lived in Tahoe during the same time as Rich. Jesse, Maria and Rich went on several adventures together while they were out west and Rich has many fond memories of the two of them. Since Rich served as the best man for the wedding, it was more of a wedding weekend than just one day. We spent the whole time hanging out with all of Rich's closest friends from growing up and it was really fun to see them all interact after being friends for so long. Since Rich was in the wedding and I was not I quickly befriended Steph, who is married to one of the other groomsmen. We spent a lot of time together over the weekend as our guys were doing groomsmen duties. We did get to ride in the wedding party limo, which was a lot of fun. It was definitely the biggest limo I had ever been in and we managed to squeeze in about 18 people. The weekend was full of tons of food, really good stories, and a lot of laughs. The funniest part of the weekend for me, was when Jesse started to ask me about tennis and quickly decided that given 12 weeks of training every day he would be able to beat me in a tennis match. After some skepticism from the crowd, he quickly rephrased his statement to "I could at least give you a good match". The only believer in Jesse, was Lucas, who decided that if Jesse could just switch to being lefty and play like Nadal then he could beat me. As embarrasing as it was for me to be talked about for a solid 30 minutes, it was pretty hilarious.

No comments: